Cancer is a life-changing journey. From the moment of diagnosis, GRMC supports you – physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
GRMC offers a full spectrum of cancer care services including:
- Community education
- Cancer Support Group – Every Tuesday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. this group provides an informational time of sharing and support for anyone with a cancer diagnosis in Room 204 at GRMC. For more information, call 641-236-2568.
- Screening programs
- Laboratory screenings
- Full spectrum of radiographs, CTs, and MRIs for screenings
- Advanced diagnostic s
- Digital mammography screening and diagnostic exams
- Ultrasound mammography
- PET/CT for precise cancer identification
- Oncology care – Many surgical cancer procedures are performed at GRMC’s surgical center. Patients may also receive pre- and post-surgery infusion therapies at GRMC. GRMC’s oncology team includes a certified chemotherapy registered nurse in the suite at all times, plus:
- Home care to help manage treatments and skills at home.
- Social services to help with emotional and financial stresses of cancer.
- Pain management to help relieve discomfort from cancer and its treatments.
- Hospice care to support and care for the terminally ill.
GRMC can provide most infusion therapies and nearly all chemotherapy infusions. GRMC’s Auxiliary Chemotherapy and Infusion Suite is located on the first floor of the medical center. The gorgeous space is flooded with natural light and windows, and features site-specific botanical art, created by Iowa artist Lee Emma Running, on the glass, floor, and walls. For orders and referrals, contact the chemotherapy office at 641-236-2395.